How Does an Owner Finance Agreement Work?
The Owner Finance process is actually pretty simple.
- Join our property list and tell us what type of home you’re looking for, your budget, etc (START with the form to the right)
- We’ll send you local Hampton Roads Owner Finance list of homes that fit your criteria.
- If you like a home and want to apply, we’ll give you an application to fill out. Don’t worry – we help people with all kinds of credit and financial situations, and if you can afford the property, we can probably help you to own it.
- After you’re approved to own the property, we’ll agree on a down payment and monthly payment amount and the purchase terms. Then just sign the documents, pay the down payment and move on in!
- Move in and pay your monthly payments on-time… then at the end of the agreement, you own the home.
- You can refinance at anytime without penalty which means if you qualify for a bank loan or have a win fall and want to pay out your mortgage with Capable Home Buyers then you can at anytime without any penalty at all.
How Long Are Owner Finance Terms?
Your purchase agreement (also known as the mortgage contract) will spell out the length of time that you have to complete the purchase of the property – typically 30 years. We do offer flexibility and can be renegotiated at anytime without penalty.
The purchase of your home usually takes place through a traditional mortgage loan, but there are other ways to complete the purchase, depending on your finances.
That’s the process!
Once you’ve completed your mortgage, you’re done – now you own your home!